Published January 12th 2016 by Kindle Alexander LLC
Honor, integrity, and loyalty are how Deputy US Marshal Kreed Sinacola lives his life. A former SEAL now employed by the Special Operations Group of the US Marshal Service, Kreed spent most of his life working covert operations and avoiding relationships. Never one to mix business with pleasure, his boundaries blur and his convictions are put to the test when he finally comes face-to-face with the hot computer geek he’s been partnered with. Hell-bent on closing the ongoing case for his longtime friend, he pushes past his own limits and uncovers more than he expects.
Aaron Stuart strives for one thing: justice. Young and full of idealism, his highly sought after computer skills land him a position with the National Security Agency. Aaron’s biggest hazard at his job is cramped fingers, but all that changes when he is drawn into the middle of a dangerous federal investigation. Aaron gets more than he bargained for when the FBI partners him with a handsome and tempting deputy US marshal. His attraction to the inked up, dark-haired man provides another kind of threat altogether. Aaron tries desperately to place a firewall around his heart and fight his developing feelings, knowing one misstep on his part could ultimately destroy him.
The solution isn’t as easy as solving the case, which is treacherous enough as it is. But the growing sexual attraction between them threatens to derail more than just Kreed’s personal convictions as he quickly learns temptation and matters of the heart rarely fit easily into the rules he’s lived by. Will Kreed be able to convince Aaron to open his heart and face the fact that sometimes the answers aren’t always hidden in code?
Review by: multitaskingmomma
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
I love the Nice Guys series by the Kindle Alexander duo and usually breeze my way through the reads. This also goes for the other books written by the author. What made this different from the rest?
- It's super long
- Detailed to the point one can get lost if they had not previously read the first two books
- Erotic scenes galore
- It's been some time since I last read the first two books. Let this serve as a warning. If you have not read them, do so now. If you are reading this and still getting lost, go back to the first two. Take note this book opens where Full Disclosure ended.
- If you have not read any of Kindle Alexander's books at all, then you are certain to miss out on one important story, Secret. That book holds some secrets to Full Domain. So please, add that to the list of back story must-haves.
- The characters. They are not as engaging as the previous men of the series whose romances were stellar in the development. This one, sorry to say, paled in comparison. But I should not compare, right? You're right, I should not. I just can't help it because the other men make an appearance here and sorry to say, they kind of stole the thunder from Kreed and Aaron.
- This is the end of the series. This, for me, is the saddest part of the read. Maybe that knowledge weighed on me. I dunno.
What I loved about this book is that it brings everything into light. Especially the information behind Kreed's brother's death and why Aaron is who and what he is. There is also the struggle Kreed had to experience trying to convince Aaron they should be a couple and therefore stay together. The solution at the end is too juicy to spoil so no, I won't reveal.
Overall, this was a good read. I have to be honest, not the best from the author, but it does wrap up everything about the series and so is an important installment. My lowish rating is because it became a bit tedious. I needed to know what happened previously to get this particular story right. I had to go through the other books just to get through this one and that is kind of frustrating. On the other hand, it was fun reading the other books. Kind of like hunting.
Note: eARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.